From Boss to World Class Leader
1st week: BEDROCK
- Since your behavior is the main ingredient in the culture of the team you lead, this first week is all about you.
- Here you will learn a very simple way to increase your emotional intelligence (EQ).
- I will also show you the values—translated into specific behavioral language—that build the rock solid foundation from which you will erect sustainable high performance.
2nd week: TRIBE
Build your Tribe
- You want your direct reports to be engaged with their work, you want them to be committed to you, and you want them to work as a team.
- Here you will learn exactly what to do to support them in the most effective way, so that you begin to create the conditions for them to want to bring about their discretionary effort.
3rd week: TRUST
Trust from the ground up
Communication is paramount. I will show you ...
- Three common and HUGE communication mistakes most managers make
- How to avoid them
- How to extinguish misunderstandings
- How to build commitment during performance conversations
- And a very simple exercise to help your team to become much more cohesive
4th week: FEEDBACK
- Feedback is one of the most effective leadership tools to increase performance.
- Unfortunately, very few managers use it, and when they use it, they use it wrong, creating unintended consequences.
- Here you will learn a powerful feedback tool few managers know, together with how to build a fun culture of multi-directional feedback.
5th week: BOOSTER
- Fact: “Results” are THE most important—everything is about results—and performance is the vehicle that makes them possible.
- With a quick and effective team exercise, you will purposefully increase the performance of the team you lead.
- Plus, you will learn a principle that will allow you to assess both: how well your team members know each other, and how open the communication environment is within the team you lead.
6th week: CONFLICT
From team conflict, to a positive force for change
- Conflict can potentially destroy your team
- Here you will learn how to use it as fuel for creativity and innovation
- You will also learn how to use it to help you make the best possible team decisions
- And how to build commitment towards such decisions
7th week: ACCOUNTABLE
- Lack of mutual accountability is a universal disability
- Avoid this trap, and make one of the most powerful forms of mutual accountability part of your team’s culture
- If you have diligently followed this system up to this point, you are now ready to establish a team culture of mutual accountability—to help you increase your team’s performance even more, so that you are not—yourself—the primary source of accountability.
8th week: CULTURE
Culture as a Leadership Tool
- Most managers wrongly believe that culture is a soft concept floating on the air, difficult to measure, and almost impossible to improve
- This is why most managers build their team's culture by inertia
- The fact is, culture is a powerful leadership tool IF you know how to use it
- Here you will learn how to design the culture of the team you lead, to purposefully increase your team’s performance
9th week: GOALS
Commitment in Goal Setting
- First, how to identify the most strategic and comprehensive goals.
- Second, how to wordsmith them in a way that they are unequivocally crystal-clear.
- And third, what it is you need to do to persuade your direct reports to genuinely commit to their individual goals.
10th week: LEADING
- Most managers I’ve worked with believe that managing their direct reports’ performance is a complicated task.
- But here I teach you how to monitor, keep on track, and optimize individual performance—in three simple steps.
11th week: DEVELOP
- If your direct reports aren’t growing, they might become complacent.
- Here I show you what to do to help your direct reports develop, personally and/or professionally.
- And if your company uses performance appraisals, I give you fundamental, encompassing, and critical guidelines that—according to my experience—most managers ignore.
12th week: PASSION
Leadership is about inspiring others
- How to go much further ... without working harder.
- Employees don’t only want a paycheck — they also want meaning and direction.
- This is where the mission and the vision of your team come into play.
- You will learn how to craft a mission in order to build passion among your team members for the work they do.
- You will also learn how to create a vision to help you align your team, and to promote change in the direction you want.
Bonuses / Resources
Throughout this entire training, I will be referencing these "Bonuses/Resources"
I highly recommend you take a look at them every single time I suggest you consult them, so that you get the FULL benefit from this leadership strategy.
- “Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself ... when you become a leader, success is all about growing others” — Jack Welch
Keep growing as a leader AND help your direct reports become world class leaders too, so that you build an unstoppable high performance organization!